Competition is fierce between publishers of software solutions, applications, and websites. Everyone performs the best they can to guarantee an excellent quality of experience for their users. However, as soon as a first version kicks off, it is already necessary to figure the usage feedback and integrate them into a continuous improvement process. This is also an opportunity to take stock of the quality of what the competitors are producing. Where do they get their performance and business results from? It is time for a UX benchmark to better understand this.
UX Benchmark, What is it?
UX benchmark is the process of comparing the user experience of a software product, application, or website to the competition. It helps highlight differences based on benchmarking measures that the company can use to make strategic decisions regarding the design or redesign of its product interface.
Why should I do UX benchmarking?
A UX benchmark makes perfect sense when you consider:
- To position yourself in relation to similar players and to identify the best UX practices in your sector. This is above all an opportunity to become aware of the functional and design differentiators that are important in your market.
- Avoid the accumulation of experiential deficiencies, creating a UX debt that keeps you away from growth.
- Guide your redesigns and developments to reach the best standards and remain competitive in your market.
On the other hand, it is an engaging approach, because it marks the choice to look around you. You have to reconsider that growth relates to the competitiveness of your product on the market.
Launching a UX benchmark is never comfortable. It highlights the potential weaknesses, you cannot unsee them and will have to improve. What was only intuition becomes real and comes with the right questions: should I be inspired by killer features and innovate by pushing even further these key concepts that make the difference to my users and consumers.
In short, a UX benchmark allows informed choices to be made and marks the renunciation of a blind drift.
An ultra-fast UX benchmark, just for you
A benchmark usually consists of bringing together at least 5 users and collecting their feelings about:
- performance in accomplishing the task,
- ease of learning,
- the simplicity of the experience,
then to compile the results in a qualitative analysis restored in a PowerPoint presentation.
This conventional method is complex and expensive to implement. It is also tampered with subjectivity because precise measurements are difficult to establish.
We take the opposite of these expensive and time-consuming approaches by adopting a scientific approach based on usage statistics and our predictive algorithms. In this way we provide quick, synthetic, objective answers and a visual and interactive web report that can be shared within your teams.
Our analysis covers a perimeter of defined factors and criteria that allow you to draw clear conclusions and precise recommendations to help you in your strategic choices for overhauls and developments.
Our Scientific UX Research pack is pragmatic and includes:
- analysis of your laptop or / and mobile application on 3 important usage scenarios for your business and according to the criteria of: accomplishment of the task (deadlines, complexity of the route, cognitive simplicity), ease of learning, the quality, and simplicity of the experience,
- Benchmark UX analysis, positioning your app in the competitive landscape on these same scenarios and criteria,
- analysis of the evolution of your product. Identify improvements and regressions.
The peculiarity of our approach comes from the capacity of our algorithms to extract finely the significant information of the analyzed routes, allowing to reduce the number of samples and the operating time very significantly.
“We were surprised at the richness of the restitution of the comparative analysis in such a short time after the collection of the courses, and on the basis of so little data.” OCTIME
Please feel free to make an appointment with us to discuss your issues and how we can help you.